"Houston is a great place to live and visit" Houston by Stargazer1
Houston Travel Guide: 1,246 reviews and 2,138 photos
It's got a great cultural diversity, great restaurants (you can get just about any kind of cuisine, and often very cheap), museums, the Medical Center, NASA, Galveston (all right, so the water is brownish and murky and the sand is light brown, not white -- at least Corpus Christi and Padre Island are a few hours away), Kemah, arts, etc. Where I live, Sugar Land has the Town Center, which is pretty nice (there's also one up north in the Woodlands, and out west in Cinco Ranch a new one is going up). Also, Rice University is here, my alma mater.
Really good Tex-Mex at a good price. Portions are huge. The place is always packed. My friend from Calgary met us at... more travel advice
No way you can drive from IAH to downtown in 30 minutes, even if there's no traffic. It's a good 40 - 45 miles. If you... more travel advice
Stargazer1's Related Pages
Houston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "H-Town, Texas! My Hometown!"
- "Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
- "Home, Home on the Range"
- "Hidden Huston"
- "Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business"
- "Houston, Texas"
- "4th Largest City in the USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houston
- Hotels in Houston
- Transportation in Houston
- Nightlife in Houston
- Restaurants in Houston
- Shopping in Houston
- Warnings and Dangers in Houston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houston
- 10 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houston
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Houston Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Austin Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Llano Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Texas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 1 review, 4 photos