"bubbling hells" Beppu by hundertmorgen
Beppu Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 172 photos
Beppu City is located on South Western island of Kyushu in the Japanese isles, and is in Oita Prefecture. Beppu is renown as a hot spring city that is surrounded by beautiful sea and mountains. To the east spreads out the gentle Beppu Bay, and to the west is Mount Tsurumi, which is part of the Aso-Kuju National Park.
The Beppu Hot Springs (Onsen) gush volume is second to the Yellow Stone National Park in the U.S.A. There are 11 types of hot springs (Onsen) in the world, of which 10 of them can be found in Beppu. This makes Beppu as one of leading diversified hot springs tourist resort cities in the world. From the above reasons, Beppu enjoys high populace among the many hot springs, Onsen resort cities in Japan.
Many hot springs- onsen areas are used by very few and specific people for limited purposes. However, Beppu is an open place where citizens have been using the onsen for a very long time. Facilities have been built so that visitors can also enjoy the hot springs. The Onsen has become an important part of the everyday life of the citizens. It is now used not only for bathing but for other purposes too. Thanks to the plentiful Onsen source in this area, it has created a hot spring or onsen culture of its own, which has no precedent in the whole world.
When you stroll around Beppu, you will find common or community Onsen baths here and there. There is almost one of these community Onsen baths in each town or community, and the figure is close to 200. These community Onsen baths are open from morning till night and are either free or very cheap. It also serves as a place for relaxation and socializing among the citizens.
hundertmorgen's Related Pages
Beppu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beppu - Hot Spring Heaven (... and Hell)"
- "Hot Sand Bath Worth the Visit Alone!!!!!!"
- "Transsiberian Railway : Japan - Beppu"
- "A visit to Beppu"
- "bennieofzo's new Beppu Page"
- "Seven Hells, Hot Sand Baths & Bathes in General"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beppu
- Hotels in Beppu
- Transportation in Beppu
- Nightlife in Beppu
- Restaurants in Beppu
- Shopping in Beppu
- Warnings and Dangers in Beppu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beppu
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Beppu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beppu
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Berlin Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamburg Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Haan Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Breda Intro, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Beppu hotel reviews
- International Minshuku Kokage
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2010
- Hotel Arther
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 12, 2013
- Hotel Sea Wave Beppu
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 2, 2013
- Nogamihonkan Ryokan
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013
- Beppu Station Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013