"A seaside resort with style" Top 5 Page for this destination De Haan by hundertmorgen
De Haan Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 105 photos
De Haan-Centre is a beautiful and historic residential area with its typical Belle Epoque villas. In 1889 the Belgian Government granted a long term lease for 90 years on this 50 hectare plot of land. De Haan-Centre is really charming, not only because of its style and situation, but thanks to the absence of depressing high-rise buildings. These characteristics give a special look to this seaside resort.
Upon your arrival in De Haan you are instantly enchanted by the beautiful cottages and villas in Anglo-Norman style : façades with mock-timber work, cottages with red roofs, balconies and little turrets, …
Anyone wishing to build in De Haan still has to comply with some very stringent requirements. For example : buildings should not exceed four floors, every residence should be surrounded by its own construction-free green zone, the Anglo-Norman style must be preserved.
Every year (the first Saturday of August) De Haan goes back to this Belle Epoque period during the 'Trammelant' festivities.
The Flemish coast has 13 resorts, each with its own character. They have two things in common: the broad beach and the attractive promenade ...
De Haan has 11 kilometers of sandy beach, which covers almost 1/5 of the Belgian coast. One can take a sun-bath, go for a swim, practice sports fishing, a game of volleyball or football with friends, fly a kite, build sand-castles, make romantic walks and enjoy the sunset.
The lovely promenades of Wenduine and De Haan invite you for a drink on one of the many cosy terraces.
As family seaside resorts they maintain the "better" children's beach games: in July and August every week following beach activities are organised: treasure-hunt, sack race, paper flower shops, sand-castles.
Walk around in the center of De Haan and see all the nice villas and gardens... more travel advice
Most Restaurants at the beach promenade are very expensive!!! And it could be very crowded, especially at the... more travel advice
hundertmorgen's Related Pages
De Haan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "De Haan - my favourite City"
- "De Haan, Belle Epoque at the Belgian Coast"
- "A seaside resort with style"
- "Most beautiful town at the Belgium Cost"
- "DE HAAN - The Rooster"
- "Lovely little sea town."
- "DE HAAN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in De Haan
- Hotels in De Haan
- Transportation in De Haan
- Nightlife in De Haan
- Restaurants in De Haan
- Warnings and Dangers in De Haan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in De Haan
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to De Haan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Haan
Photos in De HaanSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 50 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Berlin Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamburg Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Haan Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Breda Intro, 30 photos, 5 travelogues