"In and around Puerto Vallarta" Puerto Vallarta by sloppyb
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide: 1,152 reviews and 1,998 photos
My two friends and I just returned from a trip to Puerto Vallarta...we read many of your Virtual Tourist pages before we went, so I wanted to share our experiences in return!
Overall Puerto Vallarta was a cool place to visit for a week. There is plenty to keep yourself busy, and a heathy mix between "tourist" stuff, and truly local fare.
For the more adventurous types, there are also beautiful little towns to the North and South of PV - all within 45 minutes of driving.
Many people complained about Time Share salespeople - but we honestly never ran into ANY. I know, call it a fluke, but noone ever solicited us.
- Pros:Nice beaches, bars, nightlife, neighboring towns are beautiful and largely unvisited
- Cons:Touristy, rainy season is no joke :)
- In a nutshell:Great for a week - be sure to rent a car and explore Punta Mita!
We rented a car and drove from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta - this is actually cheaper than renting in Puerto Vallarta... more travel advice
About 50km north of Puerto Vallarta is the sleepy town of Sayulita...there seemed to be quite a few ex-pats here, but I... more travel advice
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
- "Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
- "Essential PV"
- "Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
- "Still the "Real Deal""
- "Fun on the beach, on a boat or in the jungle"
- "Bienvenidos a Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Vallarta
- Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta
- Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
- Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
- Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Vallarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Vallarta
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?Share Your Travels