"Just a walk..." Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar by Skripa
Krasnodar Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 170 photos
Founded in 1794 by Zaporozhe (Black Sea) Cossacks upon orders from Catherine II, it was organized as their administrative center and called Ekaterinodar (Yekaterinodar). It served as a military center protecting Russia's Caucasian frontier. After 1918 it was the capital of the Kuban-Black Sea Soviet Republic and was renamed in 1920.
The city stands on the River Kuban, 250 km/155 mi south of Rostov-on-Don, in the centre of a highly fertile agricultural region. It occupies an area 76 thousands square kilometers and borders the Rostov and Stavropol regions and Georgia and is washed by the Azov and the Black Seas. Two thirds of the region are plains. The largest of them – the Azov-Kuban lowland – is situated to the north of Kuban River and east of the Azov Sea.
Its industries include food processing, engineering and oil refining. It is also an important railway junction. There has been considerable development of financial, business, and other services since the collapse of communism in 1991. It is linked by pipeline with the Caspian oilfields.
It?s situated under the open sky on the Starii Arbat Street in Krasnodar. Here you can find all sorts of art: from... more travel advice
Skripa's Related Pages
Krasnodar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krasnodar, capitol of Kuban is a beautiful "gift""
- "My town Krasnodar"
- "Just a walk..."
- "a nice southern city"
- "Krasnodar - a beautiful city"
- "Krasnodar city"
- "Few days in Krasnodar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krasnodar
- Hotels in Krasnodar
- Transportation in Krasnodar
- Nightlife in Krasnodar
- Restaurants in Krasnodar
- Shopping in Krasnodar
- Warnings and Dangers in Krasnodar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krasnodar
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Krasnodar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krasnodar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khabarovsk Intro, 60 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 19 reviews, 121 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalian Intro, 17 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Primorskiy Kray Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Slavyansk-na-Kubani Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Abrau-Dyurso Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevastopol' Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Novorossiysk Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Krasnodarskiy Kray 6 reviews, 8 photos