"I LOVE PORT STANLEY!!" Port Stanley by pitahoda

Port Stanley Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 18 photos

I LOVE PORT STANLEY

I am originally from Dearborn, Michigan. My family has owned a cottage in Port Stanley before I was born. I've spend EVERY summer of my life in Port Stanley.
I recently quit my job, and gave up my home to reside in Port Stanley permanently, because I love it that much! It is a wonderful place to visit (especially in the Summer) and and even better place to live! I've never felt such a sense of community as I do here. I am proud to live here now and would like to share it with others who havn't been as fortunate to have the experience.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. There is no commercialism here..no McDonalds, Tim Horton's or mini malls..just local eateries, Inns, Theatre, bars/pubs that are home to Port Stanley. There is plenty to do here: fishing, boat charters,shopping, boat tours, jet ski rentals, galleries, local entertainment, festivals, public beaches, drawbridge, sailing squadron, visitors dockage, antiques, train rides....
If you'e the type of person that likes to jump in a car and experience a new part of the world...Port Stanley is a great place to go!

Pleas visit my vt homepage or www.port-stanley.com for more details.

• Pros:Beach, accommodations, shopping, restaraunts/bars
  • In a nutshell:Escape the city and experience the freindliness of a small beach town!
  • Last visit to Port Stanley: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2004

• Jul 7, 2012 at 7:55 AM

That sounds great! I'm looking to visit, and couldn't find a place that rents jet skis, would you by chance know the name of a place the does rentals?

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2004 at 2:47 PM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2003 at 11:50 PM

hmmmmm that Storyteller Cafe sounds intriguing fine page Merry Christmas to you

• May 13, 2003 at 11:21 AM

Finally, a REAL Port Stanley page ;-) Nice work! I can't believe GTs is still around. I am lucky enough to have a Jonathon Hayes print (Rowing on the Thames), always been a favourite of mine!

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2003 at 8:15 AM

wow, you're fast :) , welcome to vt and thanks for the advices

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Port Stanley

Have you been to Port Stanley?

Latest Activity in Port Stanley