"Cape Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town by paradisedreamer

Cape Town Travel Guide: 2,687 reviews and 6,257 photos

Cape Town is a spectacular place with something for everyone. Best of all is that it is cheap for overseas tourists. The scenery is fantastic, the people are friendly and it is rich in culture.

The only way to see Cape town properly is to hire a car. Public transport does not really exist but I am happy to say that there are a lot more taxis around than there used to be.

Cape Town has some of the finest beaches, all of which have the clean white beach sand particular to the Cape. The sea on the Indian Ocean coast will be warmer than that on the Atlantic coast (only slightly!).
The fashionable beaches are those on the Atlantic coast, and those have ironically also the coldest water. However, they are usually protected from the wind, which is more than enough reason for its many sunbathers.

This is an excellent website with info on everything in South Africa:
www.southafrica-travel.net

On my Cape Town Page I have included all places along the peninsular to Cape Point and as far north as Bloubergstrand, where I live. I will be creating a Western Cape page for all those places that are a daytrip away from Cape Town.

Tips on the garden route can be found on my Eastern Cape Page (I have listed those places I have visited from Stillbaai up to Port Elizabeth)

• Pros:Sun, Beaches, friendly people, african culture, good food, great wine
  • Cons:Public transport is minimal so you need to hire a car
  • In a nutshell:The perfect destination for people of all ages and caters to all types of holidays, laze on the beach or climb a mountain. Shop till you drop or explore the surrounding area.
  • Last visit to Cape Town: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 8, 2006

• imagineer1948's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2011 at 2:54 PM

What! just the bare facts, no picture.

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Well now that the World cup is going to be in your country you may have lots of friends visiting you, count me as one of them, just wait for me to win the lotto.. and happy birthday on march 10th.

• Dec 26, 2009 at 3:48 AM

agree with everything, cape town is one of the most beautiful cities i know!

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Thanks for my trip to South Africa through your pages. I love your country and will be back in December. Diane

• NCCruiseGurl's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to make such a wonderful page on Cape Town. You have given me some great tips on things to do and see when I come in November '08.

• mecute's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Never been to Marco's, definately going to try it out

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2007 at 11:51 PM

First happy new year and second you have very nice girl and in the end thanks for wonderful page and pic's i hope see you here

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2007 at 6:30 AM

Learn something new every day. Never knew you had penguins in So. Africa! Great views and wildlife pics. Very interested in the Malay district.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 2:22 PM

some great restaurant tips Sarah, some I've not heard of before will have to give them a try in Dec :-) What is Moyo like I'm wanting to take my dad somewhere as I'll do Nellie again with my mum but not good for dad with his diabetes!!

• gogonicetrip's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 6:34 AM

Thank you Sarah This page brought me back lots of memories of South Africa. Masa

paradisedreamer Lives Here!

paradisedreamer

“Life is what happens while you are planning for the future. Live for today!”

Badges & Stats in Cape Town

Have you been to Cape Town?

Latest Activity in Cape Town