"Rhino Eco-Park" Thabazimbi by paradisedreamer
Thabazimbi Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
I am not sure whether the park is still going as I believe it was sold but I thought I would put it in anyway as there are lots of similar places in the area.
Rhino was owned by the company my father worked for and we used to go there for weekends fairly regularly. It is about a two and a half hours drive north from Johannesburg just south of Thabazimbi.
We used to get a big crowd of friends or family together as it was much cheaper that way. The camps within the park slept beween 6-10 people in rondawels (bungalows). The one that we went to had 5 double bedrooms in three separate buildings all with their own bathrooms and then a main house with a lounge and dining area and a fully equipped kitchen. Each camp also had a swimming pool. Your fire was lit for you at night and someone woudl come in and do your dishes and make up the rooms while you were out on a game drive.
You couldn't drive your car to the camps as the roads could get quite bad - you would be taken by landrover and then you could arrange morning and evening game drives.
A boma is a small area enclosed by a reed or grass fence. In the bush they were built as protection from wild animals.... more travel advice
paradisedreamer's Related Pages
Thabazimbi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Thabazimbi
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Thabazimbi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thabazimbi
Photos in ThabazimbiSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 92 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 46 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 36 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 31 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Montagu Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue