Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do Tips by paradisedreamer
Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do: 336 reviews and 570 photos
The sun sets behind the mountains of Naama bay. The colours can be quite spectacular!
Naama bay is fairly small but it can get crowded. It is nice to take a stoll through the main area inthe evening. The shops and stalls stay open late sop there is plenty of time for shopping in the evening rather than during the day.
This crack in the earth was made by an earthquake in the 1960’s
There are basically two entrances to the park this is the new one that was built in the 1980’s. It really stands out and is quite something.
Ras Mohammed National Park is a narrow, dramatically arid peninsula at the very southernmost tip of the Sinai, it was declared a National Park in 1983
You can see mangrove forests in the Ras Mohammed National Park. There are very few places in the world where you will be able to see these plants growing in salt water.
Apparently the lake has youth giving properties - the lake of eternal youth?? i only went in as far as my ankles so maybe I will just have young feet! Besides all that the water was a beautiful turqoise standing out against the sand of the desert.
We also booked this through Sun 'n Fun (see my general tip), It was $35 each for about 2 hours. Make sure to wear long pants and you can get a scarf on the trip to cover your face from the sand. If you are a biker you may find you don't have the ability to really 'ride' but it is fun anyway.
Glass Bottomed Boat
The Discovery Glass bottomed boat costs LE55 per person and leaves from the pier in front of the Sun 'n Fun at the Hilton fayrouz hotel. The bost goes around the bay for about an hour or so and its a great way for people who don't dive and snorkel to see what is down there. For me personally i would rather be IN the water but we went so our daughter could see all the fishies.
Well you can't go to Egypt and not at least try a shisha. Prices vary from LE6 to LE12 depending on where you are. We liked the apple one best. It is very nice to sit down with a drink after dinner and a shisha to wind down after a long day of sightseeing. This particular place was on the beach in Naama bay, basically just cushions on the ground, very relaxing place to come after dinner
More Reviews (6)
paradisedreamer's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Sharm el Sheikh - An Oasis in the Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Explore the World
- Agra Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Ocho Rios Hotels
- Prague Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 21 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 92 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 48 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 46 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 36 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 31 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Montagu Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (36)
Latest Sharm El Sheikh hotel reviews
- Shores Golden
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2013
- Ventaclub Reef Oasis Beach Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Viking Club
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 8, 2013
- Domina Hotel & Resort Harem
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel Horizon Sharm Resort
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2011
- Tivoli Hotel Tropicana Sharm El Sheikh
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- Camel Dive Club & Hotel
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Tiran Hotel
- 801 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Al Diwan Resort Sharm El-Sheikh
- 337 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Laguna Vista Garden Resort
- 371 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Al Bostan Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 1, 2012
- Domina Coral Bay Harem Hotel & Resort
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Partner Sunset Sharm El-Sheikh
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2008
- Bay View Hotel
- 273 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Naama Bay- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Snorkeling- 31 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 33 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Excursions- 43 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Beaches- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Quad Biking- 25 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 36 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Glass Bottom Boat- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do