"The Whitsunday Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands by paradisedreamer

Whitsunday Islands Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 307 photos

We took a bus from Cairns to Airlie beach the gateway for the Whitsunday Islands. It took about 8 hours which would have been fine had the aircon not packed up. Don’t get me wrong I love the heat but not when I’m sitting on a bus with faux leather seats!

The Whitsunday’s are beautiful islands and the best waters I have seen, aqua to emerald green and every colour in between. We went sailing on ‘Ragamuffin’ to Whitehaven Beach. The whitest, finest, softest sand I have ever had between my toes! We took a helicopter flight over the islands which gave a great perspective, it was rather expensive though.

• Last visit to Whitsunday Islands: Jan 1999
  • Intro Updated May 21, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2003 at 4:41 PM

The Whitsundays are a gorgeous area and how perfect is it to sail there. Good warnings too. Gosh Beach Buggies look different these days...lol beautiful photos.

• FoodieSteve's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 3:39 AM

Nice page, it brings back great memories. I was married on Whitehaven Beach in March and enjoyed myself so much that a return trip is planned, by the way the fine white sand isn`t sand, its silica, one of only 7 beaches of this type in the world.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2003 at 3:32 AM

Wow, looks great there! I can't wait to go next month!!! :) Those underwater pics are great, were they with a disposable camera?

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2003 at 6:37 AM

I just loved the Whitsundays - especially Whitehaven

paradisedreamer

“Life is what happens while you are planning for the future. Live for today!”

Badges & Stats in Whitsunday Islands

Have you been to Whitsunday Islands?

Latest Activity in Whitsunday Islands