"Granada" Top 5 Page for this destination Granada by paradisedreamer

Granada Travel Guide: 397 reviews and 1,204 photos

I cannot find the words to describe what a wonderful city Granada is. It tops my list of favourite city for sure. It is vibrant, architecturally beautiful, the people are friendly and smiling, there is an atmosphere that I just can’t describe. We spent 6 days here and ended up returning for another 10 days after we had travelled further south. I would come back in a heartbeat and could even see myself living here. One thing about Granada that I will never forget is the colour of the sky. When you sit in the cool courtyards and look up the sky is the brightest blue and the birds flying overhead make it unforgettable. The most fantastic thing about the city are the people and the music. Wherever you go there is music, you feel as if you have an extra bounce in your step, it is so exhilarating. It can get very hot and humid and after a day walking around the town there is nothing better than a cool refreshing swim.
Please see my Masaya and Lago di Apoyo pages for info on daytrips from Granada.

• Intro Written May 18, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM

great tips

• world-g's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

One USD = 20 Cordobas (as of July '09). Not a lot, but significant. If the kids are not selling something, but only panhandling, I would think about the amounts of money you give to them. Sums that are too large will encourage more panhandling.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Great tips about Granada! I'm looking forward to go there later this year!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Wonderful page! Thanks ~ and many more happy travels in the future!///

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 7:36 AM

As always a fab page here Sarah with helpful tips and great pix! I awrite this from the free internet at Hostal Oasis! So I know first hand your tips are great! LOL...Hugs Ali xx

• lomi's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Happy Birthday from Lanzarote. I agree with everything you say about Granada. Ive been twice, once on my honeymoon, just to see the Alambra.

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 2:55 PM

I'd have to say this was one of the best Granada pages I've come across here on VT and your tips have been a great help. We will also be travelling w/ our 2 year old son so it was nice seeing your travels w/ your daughter!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 4:06 AM

Interesting page about an off-the-beaten-path destination!

paradisedreamer

“Life is what happens while you are planning for the future. Live for today!”

Badges & Stats in Granada

Have you been to Granada?

Latest Activity in Granada