"ALMERIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Almería by blissgirl
Almería Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 395 photos
Its a very chilled town, about 6oo.ooo inhabitants (or was that in the whole province of Almeria??), a long beach, a few shopping streets, a mall, a moorish monument, -nice.
Another distinct advantage is the local practice of giving FREE tapas, with every beer or wine you get a saucer of food, FREE.
Tapas-hours: 11am-3pm and 8pm-midnight.
A supercool tradition.
I like living here because it also has an airport and is not overly touristy.
This is where we meet in the evening to do the "botellon".
Heres how you do it: you pass a shop on your way, buy wine, whisky, vodka, whatever, and pop in large quantities, and a kilo of ICE in a bag, and come and sit down around the fountain.
You wont be alone.
There are HUNDREDS of youths and ex-youths doing it.
After your alcohol is used up, you can go and do "la marcha", which in UK is called a pub crawl, only here its more a club-crawl.
The clubs, by the way, are all FREE to get in.
Its a cheap and cheerful way to start the night: the botellon.
- Pros:Cheap, chilled, excellent climate.
- Cons:Very provincial, uptight, nosy-neighbour-y.
- In a nutshell:I like it here, -and until I dont, -Im staying!
Walk from San José in either direction along the coast, and discover miles of unspoilt beaches.. Don't forget to take... more travel advice
In Almeria, as well as in the rest of Andalucia, it is custom to give small plates of free food with the drinks. You... more travel advice
blissgirl's Related Pages
Almería Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back in august 2002"
- "Desert and delightlful coast!"
- "Historic City of Almeria"
- "Lisalu's new Almeria Page"
- "Almeria the not so crowded costa!!"
- "Wild beaches and a desert in Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almería
- Hotels in Almería
- Transportation in Almería
- Nightlife in Almería
- Restaurants in Almería
- Warnings and Dangers in Almería
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almería
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Almería?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almería
Photos in AlmeríaSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- San Pedro de Atacama Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Chile Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Germany Intro, 2 photos
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 2 photos