"Evreux- Eure, France - Normandy" Évreux by posejc

Évreux Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos

Evreux - Fauville - My Home

Evreux - is where I used to go for fun!.. movies mostly - because my hometown of Fauville (Near the US Air Base of Evreux-Fauville Air Force Base (EFAB) - was where I used to live!.. for a view of the base now!.. look for some of the photos I was able to gather (over the net no less!) - I used to go with my Grandmere - to do our weekly shopping - getting food, since most of our diet was mostly of meats (horse meat, cow meat, pork, fish, etc..) and we grew our own vegetables and fruits (potatoes, salad, tomatoes, herbs, etc..) and fresh fruits - the exotic kind (well for us it was!) - oranges, bananas, etc.. we grew Apples (Normandy is well known for growing of Apples - I used to assist my grandpere with gathering and crushing the apples and making a wicked apple cider!).. plums, cherries (one tree behind our house was my and Michel Crespel's favorite hand out!) - pears, and the likes. The swimming pool at Evreux was my favorite summer hang out - used to walk the 10 or 12 miles just to go and have a good swim - where I learned how to not drown!.. fun!.. when I got my bicycle - it was a whole lot better!.. and the local Saturday Mantinee' s with my friends - and looking for girls!.. they where always there!.. sometimes when we where walking to and from the movies - many GI's from the Air Base would give us rides and we where introduced to our first friends from the Air Base! - the Black GI's where usually more prone to pick us up more so than the white GI's.. but we always loved to have them get us in those fancy US Cars!.. I ended up working at the Air Base on the Gas Station (with my mom's help and assistance - since she worked at the NCO Club! and new many people!) - as a Gas Station Attendant - giving out gas - they used coupons then - so it was no involvment of money - and it was always nice to help out - getting fuel in those giant cars (well compared to our French car's they where big!) - and doing checking of oil, tire pressure, washing windows (full service!) and I didn't even speak any English then!.. but i was great!.

Evreux-Fauville - My Home - Always in my Heart!.

Now Evreux- was and is the principality for the Department of Eure and France - there are about 99 departments (or states if you want to really get down to it!) in the Province of Normandie!.. (used to be the Normans who where there way back - Charles the Norman - kicked the English's Ass - and we even got our own heroin!.. Jeanne D'Arc - who gave up her life for our country - She was Awesome!.. (Joanne of Arc!) - and her story of how she saved us from the English 100 year War is one of the most important one in French History - beside Napoleon!).. Normandy is a province one of many - and the Eure Department has its name from the river Eure that runs thru it!..

• In a nutshell:Evreux - My Beginnings!.. More to come!.
  • Last visit to Évreux: Sep 1963
  • Intro Written Jan 28, 2007

Comments

posejc Used To Live Here!

posejc

“Its a small world after all!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.