"Well...I saw the airport!" León by ocicat
León Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 13 photos
I came into Mexico at Leon. All tho the city seems interesting, we jumped on the bus and headed out like a shot.
The Leon airport is small.
The ticketing area has has about 6 shops. There's a news stand, a shop with very nice items - and the price wasn't too bad either, a couple other shops with your typical touristy fair, a candy shop, and a Dunkin Donuts. There is also a money exchange place and the rates were as good as I saw anywhere else on my trip (if you fly in from Houston, don't exchange there - what a rip-off!).
Once you clear security, there is a duty-free store. Upstairs in the waiting area there is another duty free shop - this one was a little cheaper. Not sure why. The sales clerk said they were not under the same management. <shrug> There's also another typical airport shop with the candy, magazines and key chains. Down on the other end is a coffee shop. The hot chocolate was good! <LOL>
Flights from the US, I saw Continential (which is what I traveled on - but will NOT do so again) and American.
- In a nutshell:Look forward to actually seeing the city someday!
ocicat's Related Pages
León Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Night in Leon"
- "Well...I saw the airport!"
- "León, a modern business city..."
- "León, Guanajuato"
- "Super Nuevo León"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in León
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to León?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in León
Top 10 Pages
- Colonsay 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Clarksdale Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Clarksville Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos
- Thika Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Athi River Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Saint Louis 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Centerville 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Kentucky State Horse Park Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos