"Clarksville - Gateway to the New South ???" Clarksville by ocicat
Clarksville Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 64 photos
Clarksville tourist board continually tries to pass off the city as a tourist destination. It's NOT!
Some of the attractions on the shiny tourist pamphlets are not here - the Port Royal covered bridge washed away years ago, Dunbar Cave state park was closed by the state due to lack of state funds to run it (tho it does open at odd intervals for unknown reasons), the riverboat "The Queen of Clarksville" has sailed to another location after a long battle between the owner and the city powers-that-be. The downtown area has a few stores but is mainly offices for lawyers and some restaurant/bars.
There is a nice museum in the downtown area. It's worth a visit if you are in town already.
The riverwalk is OK. A pleasant stroll. There are concerts there thru-out the summer.
- Pros:low cost of living
- Cons:love/hate relationship with military
A lovely rose garden on the grounds of the Immaculate Conception Catholic church. It features a large statue of Saint... more travel advice
Located at the main police station on Commerce St at 1st St. more travel advice
ocicat's Related Pages
Clarksville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clarksville - Gateway to the New South ???"
- "Clarksvegas baby!!"
- "CLARKSVILLE, TENNESSEE"
- "Tip_17's new Clarksville Page"
- "Stick to Nashville"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clarksville
- Hotels in Clarksville
- Transportation in Clarksville
- Restaurants in Clarksville
- Shopping in Clarksville
- Warnings and Dangers in Clarksville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clarksville
- 16 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Clarksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clarksville
Top 10 Pages
- Colonsay 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Clarksdale Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Clarksville Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos
- Thika Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Athi River Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Saint Louis 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Centerville 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Kentucky State Horse Park Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos