Pakistan Local Custom Tips by babar_1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Pakistan Local Customs: 38 reviews and 27 photos
As general rule : respect the local culture/traditions.
For ladies, wear loose clothes while in Pakistan.
Summer is very hot so wear cotton cloths...but it is pleasant in mountain areas.
The people are very generous, friendly and always ready to help the foreigners. (don`t believe American media...). They often invite you at tea (and if it is meal time then they do invite for lunch or dinner).
Urdu is national language, but english is also understood widely (espacially in cities), in rural areas very few people can understand english...but at least one or two person in every village know english.
Art on the wheels - - the trucks in Pakistan are very beautifully decorated and richly painted with miniature paintings of animals, birds, flowers, historic buildings etc. You will hardly find such uniquely painted colourful truck on any other part of the globe.
More Reviews (38)
- See All National Parks in Pakistan
- See All Chicken Sajji
- See All Wildlife
- See All Passu Valley
- See All Jeep in the mountains
- See All Bad Condition Jeeps
babar_1's Related Pages
Pakistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Mountain gods Pakistan"
- "Pakistan....from mountains through deserts"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's women's Pakistan off the beaten path"
- "A Westerners Point of View"
- "THE ENCHANTING BEAUTY OF PAKISTAN........."
- "Incredible Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakistan
- Hotels in Pakistan
- Transportation in Pakistan
- Nightlife in Pakistan
- Restaurants in Pakistan
- Shopping in Pakistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakistan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ostia Antica Hotels
- Fukuoka Hotels
- Certaldo Hotels
- Pangkajene Hotels
- Santa Rosa
- Martina Franca
Badges & Stats in Pakistan
- 44 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pakistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Bonn Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Aeschi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
Top Pakistan hotels
- Lahore Hotels
- 540 Reviews - 982 Photos
- Karachi Hotels
- 474 Reviews - 1011 Photos
- Islamabad Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 898 Photos
- Murree Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Rawalpindi Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Peshawar Hotels
- 242 Reviews - 333 Photos
- Muzaffarabad Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Mari Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Faisalabad Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Gilgit Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 156 Photos
- Gwadar Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Skardu Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 145 Photos
- Multan Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 100 Photos
- Kalam Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 103 Photos
- Muridke Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Hunza Valley- 21 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Highest Mountain Ranges- 37 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Swat Valley, Mini Switzerland of Pakistan- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Chitral and Kailash Valley- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Villages and Towns- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Murree Hill Station- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- K2 - Mountain- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Desert- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Lahore- 11 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Kaghan Valley- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Pakistan Things to Do