"Pakistan....from mountains through deserts" Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan by babar_1
Pakistan Travel Guide: 3,788 reviews and 8,443 photos
Pakistan's history is as old as 2,500 years B.C., when a highly developed Indus civilization flourished here. Excavations at Moenjodaro, Harrappa, , Kot Diji and Mehr Garh have revealed that, an advanced civilization existing even in more ancient times.
The Cultural Heritage of country is also spread over the centuries, starting from pre-historic times to the present day and which may be summarized in the following periods:
- Indus Civilization:
- Gandhara Civilization:
- Moughal Period:
- Sikh Period:
- British Period:
- Post independence Period
Pakistan is a populous country of the world. Pakistan is 4th largest producer of Cotton, Milk, Datepalm and Apricot. We are 5th largest producer of Sugarcane and onion, while ranked at 6 for kinnow and mango production. Pakistan is the largest producer of Footballs and some other sports items. Pakistan is among top growing telecom markets. Pakistan is 9th largest country of the world for English speaking population.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah commonly called Quaid-i-Azam (the great leader) is the founder of Pakistan. His achievement as the founder of Pakistan, dominates everything else he did in his long and crowded public life spanning some 42 years.
For over three decades before the successful culmination in 1947, of the Muslim struggle for freedom in the South-Asian subcontinent, Jinnah had provided political leadership to the Indian Muslims: initially as one of the leaders, but later, since 1947, as the only prominent leader- the Quaid-i-Azam.
Pakistan is endowed with some of world's most magnificent landscapes as it stretches from the Arabian Sea, its southern border, to some of the world’s most spectacular mountain ranges in the north. Pakistan is also home to sites that date back to word’s earliest settlements rivaling those of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
Pakistan is a treasure-house of Muslim architecture. Lahore, the cultural hub of Pakistan, is situated along the bank of Ravi river. The city has witnessed the rise and fall of many dynasties
- Pros:Great mountains, Friendly people, bright sun shine in winter
- Cons:Lowlands become hot in summer, higher population
- In a nutshell:Come and explore the beauty of my country
National parks are 'protected areas' designated by the government. Pakistan is endowed with great wealth of... more travel advice
There is great diversity of wildlife in Pakistan. From snow leopard, mountain ibex and brown bear in the mountains to... more travel advice
- See All Passu Valley
- See All Jeep in the mountains
- See All Bad Condition Jeeps
- See All Resort in Mountain
- See All Lahore never sleeps
babar_1's Related Pages
Pakistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Mountain gods Pakistan"
- "Pakistan....from mountains through deserts"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's women's Pakistan off the beaten path"
- "A Westerners Point of View"
- "THE ENCHANTING BEAUTY OF PAKISTAN........."
- "Incredible Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakistan
- Hotels in Pakistan
- Transportation in Pakistan
- Nightlife in Pakistan
- Restaurants in Pakistan
- Shopping in Pakistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pakistan
- 44 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pakistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Bonn Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Aeschi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos