"Kyrgyzstan - the unexplored heaven" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan by babar_1
Kyrgyzstan Travel Guide: 495 reviews and 1,252 photos
I visited Kyrgyzstan during September 2003, and what a memorable stay it was. Kyrgyzstan is the land of majesticTien-shien mountains, lovely lakes, clean cities and -above all - friendly people.
In summer, spring and autumn, Kyrgyzstan is one of the greenest countries in the world. It is sometimes said that the capital Bishkek is the greenest capital in Asia.
Bishkek: a buoyant small capital, 800'000 inhabitants, smart street cafes, modern shops with imported Italian and Otto catalogue fashion, a mixed community of Kyrgyz, Russians, Koreans and Ukrainians strolling along the streets, a large community of expatriates, bazaars overflowing with sweet-smelling fruit and vegetables and imported Chinese and Pakistani products. Standing as it does, in front of the snow-capped Tien-Schan mountain range, Bishkek looks appealing to any foreign traveller.
With a land area of 198'000 km2, the second-smallest Central Asian state, most of Kyrgyzstan is mountainous, and 90 percent of the landmass is more than 1000 meters above sea level.
If you come to Kyrgyzstan, you should visit a jailoo (high summer pasture) and other special places, to be alone with nature. You will enjoy the vastness of the mountains, purity of the air and water, meet interesting people and feel the depth and range of Kyrgyz hospitality.
Kyrgyz people love songs. From traditional songs to westeranized discos, one can hear all types of lovely songs in nights.
- Pros:Untouched wilderness, natural beauty and friendly atmosphere.
- Cons:Languae problem
Kyrgyz people are very much fond of meat. In fact we were fed up eating meat from breakfast till dinner. Anyhow shashlik... more travel advice
Jailoos (mountain pastures) are situated high in the high mountains, at an altitude of 2500-3000 m. above sea level. You... more travel advice
babar_1's Related Pages
Kyrgyzstan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyrgyzstan - the unexplored heaven"
- "Kyrgyzstan: about shepherds and exciting roadtrips"
- "One Hell of a Summer Job"
- " A LAND FAR, FAR AWAY "
- "a workcamp in Kyrghyzstan part 2"
- "Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan"
- "i had faced the snow muntain!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyrgyzstan
- Hotels in Kyrgyzstan
- Transportation in Kyrgyzstan
- Nightlife in Kyrgyzstan
- Restaurants in Kyrgyzstan
- Shopping in Kyrgyzstan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyrgyzstan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyrgyzstan
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kyrgyzstan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyrgyzstan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Bonn Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Aeschi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos