"Faisalabad - the city of eight bazars" Faisalabad by babar_1
Faisalabad Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 23 photos
Faisalabad is called the city of 8 bazars due to its unique clock tower which was bilt according to the British flag and eight busy bazars emerge from it.
Faisalabad is an industrial city .....mostly textile mills. But is is some times also called the city of scientists., as there are more Ph.D's here than any other city of Pakistan. The University of Agriculture alone has more than 200 Ph.D scientists. Similarly hunderds of scientists are working in Ayup Agricultural research Institute, Nuclear Institute of Agricultural Biotechnolgy and Nuclear Institute of Biology & Genetic Engineering.
Other than famous Agricultural University it has Textile University, G.C. university, Hamdards University and the University of Faisalabad.
Faisalabad was once called the biggest village of Asia because of its rural culture, but day by day it is becoming more urbanized. Faisalabad is the city of Pakistan greatest musician 'Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan'.
- Pros:Friendly people, textiles,
- Cons:Busy roads, pollution.
As such there are not night life activities in Faisalabad. But you can goto cinemas and enjoy Urdu movies. In fact I... more travel advice
Faisalabad is known for its textile industry and clock tower. It is also called the city of eight bazars, which emerge... more travel advice
babar_1's Related Pages
Faisalabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FAISALABAD - The City where I Spent My Childhood"
- "Faisalabad - the city of eight bazars"
- "Adeel Tahir ka Faisalabad"
- "Lyallpur AKA Faisalabad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Faisalabad
- Hotels in Faisalabad
- Transportation in Faisalabad
- Nightlife in Faisalabad
- Restaurants in Faisalabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Faisalabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Faisalabad
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Faisalabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Faisalabad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Bonn Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Aeschi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos