"Welcome to my page" babar_1's Profile
I am Babar, living in Islamabad, Pakistan. Travelling, mountaineering/trekking, and reading are my hobbies. Visiting of different countries with different cultures was my dream since childhood. But I went abroad for the first time in Sept. 2002, when I visited Switzerland..........and what a fantastic start it was!. Later I visited Bonn (Germany), Denmark and Dubai (UAE). In 2003 I visited Kyrgyzstan and Turkey, and what a incredible tour that was. Especially two weeks in Kyrgyzstan were my best weeks of life. Afterwards I visited number of countries and enjoyed every minute of my stay there.
I love mountains, infact the majestic mountains had mesmerized me since I was a child. I like to spend days and weeks in the mountains(but I rarely find time for this).
Pakistan is the meeting point of three great mountain ranges: the Himalayas, Korakorams and Hindukush. In Pakistan there are five mountains over 8,000 metres, 29 over 7,500 metres and 108 over 7,000 metres. Peaks between 4,000 metres and 7,000 metres are countless. They bring with them an incredible wealth of biodiversity: extreme differences in altitude and climate make them a comfortable home for numerous kinds of plants and animals.
Mountains offer superb landscape, dense forests, sprinkling waterfalls, beautiful lakes, rivers, alpine meadows, and much more. As tourist we enjoy these things, but have we ever thought about the people living in the mountain areas?
Life for the people in the mountain villages is not always easy. The climate is extremely cold in winter, with temperature far below freezing. The terrain is rugged, with steep, rocky mountains reaching up towards the sky. The earthquake of October 8, 2005 & flood of August 2010 had very severely affected these mountain areas.
1. Switzerland (September 2002). My first overseas visit of two weeks duration. (PIA & Emirates Airlines)
2. Germany (May 2003). One week in Bonn. (Emirates Airlines)
3. Dubai (May 2003). One day only. (Emirates Airlines)
4. Copenhagen (August 2003). One week. (Swiss Air)
5. Kyrgyzstan (September 2003). Three weeks. (Turkish Airways)
6. Istanbul (September 2003). Two days only (Turkish Airways)
7. Kathmandu (March 2004). One week. (Qatar Airways)
8. Switzerland (September 2004). Three weeks (Emirates)
9. Bonn, Germany (October 2005). One week (AeroAsia & Emirates)
10. Port Elizabeth (South Africa). October 2005, 1 week (Emirates and South African Airlines)
11. Vientiane, Laos (May 2006), Two weeks (Air Blue, Thai Airline)
12. Saarland (Germany), October 2006, One week (KLM)
13. Dubai (October 2006), One day only (Emirates)
14. Amsterdam (October 2006). two days (KLM)
15. China (Beijing, Shanghai and Yiwu) November 2006. two weeks (Malaysian Airline)
16. Nepal (Kathmandu, Dhulikhel). December, 2006. One week (PIA)
17. Dhaka (Bangladesh), June, 2007. One week (Emirates)
18. Vientiane (Laos) April 2008. One week (Thai)
19. Jakarta (Indonesia) July 2008. One Week (Malaysian Airlines)
20. Zurich (Switzerland) October-November 2008 (Emirates)
21. Dubai (UAE) Jan. 2009 (PIA)
22. Kathmandu (Nepal), Oct. 2009 (Qatar Airways)
23. Kathmandu (Nepal), 2010
24. Switzerland (Geneva, Aeschi) March, 2011 (Eithad Airlines)
25. Kathmandu (Nepal) July 2011. (Etihad Airlines)
26. Kathmandu & Pokhara (Nepal) Feb. 2012 (Qatar Airlines)
27. Bern, Meiringen (Switzerland), August 2012 (Emirates)
28. Arusha (Tanzania) Feb. 2013 (Qatar Airlines)
29. Manchester, London. Feb. 2013 (Qatar Airlines)
30. Seoul, South Korea (July-September 2013) (Thai Airways)
31. London, UK, January, 2014 (Turkish Airline)
What does the white flag with blue cross indicates in Switzerland? (enlarge the picture)
For answer browse my Switzerland travel tips.
I have a beautiful daughter on 15th September 2007.
Taken in Ngorongoro conservation area in Tanzania and selected as VT photo of the week :)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 147 Reviews
- 184 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my page"
- babar_1 and HAIDER597942 are now friends.
- Commented on giampiero6's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to my page"
- Wrote a Review Masaai People in Tanzania Local Customs
- updated a United Kingdom Travel Page "England in Winter"
- Posted in Travel Gilgit Forum "Re: Hunza with family"
PhotosSee All Photos (184)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Bonn Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Aeschi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos