"The Great Palace and Gardens of Peterhof" Peterhof by sparkieplug24
Peterhof Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 243 photos
The idea to build a summer residence on the outskirts of St Petersburg was Peter the Greats. It came to him in 1714 and he overseen the work himself as he did not what this palace to be inferior to the palace of the French Royal family. Peterhof which means Peter's court in Dutch was officoially opened on 15th August 1773 even although much of the work was still to be completed and some of the work took nearly 2 centuries to be completed.
The Grounds and buildings have been restored although some of this work continues after damage etc caused during world war II
- Pros:beautiful buildings, gardens
- Cons:can be croweded at time
- In a nutshell:you cant come to st petersburg and not visit here
This is probably the most stunning and beautiful part of the whole of the Peterhof palace and grounds and it is worth... more travel advice
A tour of the grand palace is well worth it as there are many beautiful rooms, furniture pictures and orniments to be... more travel advice
sparkieplug24's Related Pages
Peterhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peterhof (Peter's Court)"
- "Peterhof and its amazing fountains"
- "Architectural Gem of Russia"
- "Peter the Great's Little Palace"
- "Peterhof - The Russian "Versailles""
- "Peter the Great's Palace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peterhof
- Transportation in Peterhof
- Restaurants in Peterhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Peterhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peterhof
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Peterhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peterhof
Photos in PeterhofSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 27 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Greenock Intro, 18 reviews, 2 photos
- Peterhof Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Manchester Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Benidorm Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues