Manchester Hotel Tips by sparkieplug24
Manchester Hotels: 56,038 reviews and 185 photos
The Old Trafford lodge is owned by the Lancashire county cricket club and its in the ground of the cricket stadium itself. Some of the rooms look onto the cricket grounds and have balconies so that you can relax and enjoy the match. Rooms a nicely decorated and beds were found to be comfortable. Small but adquete toilet with shower very modernly decorated. Towels are supplied. All rooms have tea and coffee facilities including nice selection of biscuts and hot chocolate. Trousser press, Iron and hairdryers. Small wardrobe but lots of drawer space and satalite tv and freeview. Continental breakfast is included in the price of the room and this is a buffet consisting of bread roll, croissants, cereals, danish pastrie, toast, meats and cheese, fruit, juice, tea and coffee etc.
I would recommened this hotel as the staff were friendly, everything was found to be in good working order and it was clean and its only 15- 20 mins by road from city centre or about 10 mins by tram.
This hotel is used for a variety of travellers with lots of business travellers using the hotel as well as sports fans and those just looking for a few days away.
Unique Qualities: On the cricket ground with some views over this. Only 5 mins walk from Manchester united football stadium (aka old trafford) and a 20 miniute walk from the Lowerey musuem, Imperial war museum, and the Lowery designer outlet. 24 hour reception buffet continental breakfast, friendly very helpful staff, quiet area with a few pubs in close proximaty. Some rooms also have balconies.
Nothing was to much trouble for the staff at this hotel and they went out of there way to help us. The only thing I think its lacking is that it could make a lot of business through a restraunts serving meals at night. Also bar had good selection of alcoholic beverages and soft drinks but it was pretty expensive but this tend to be standard in British hotels.
There are also rooms that have been adapted for use of wheelchair users and a lift.
Address: Lancashire County Cricket Club, in front of old trafford tram stop
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Between old trafford tram stop and trafford town hall
More Reviews (10)
sparkieplug24's Related Pages
Manchester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ben-UK's Manchester page"
- "My Manchester"
- "Manchester - Full of Surprises"
- "Manchester - a versatile city"
- "Manchester and the Christmas Markets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manchester
- Hotels in Manchester
- Transportation in Manchester
- Nightlife in Manchester
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Shopping in Manchester
- Warnings and Dangers in Manchester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manchester
- 11 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Manchester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manchester
Read real reviews about Manchester Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 27 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Greenock Intro, 18 reviews, 2 photos
- Peterhof Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Manchester Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Wheel- 14 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Chinatown- 20 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Granada Studios- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Museum of Science and Industry- 25 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Old Trafford- 34 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Salford Quays Lowry- 24 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Castlefield- 16 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Imperial War Museum- 14 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Town Hall- 20 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Urbis- 16 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Manchester Things to Do