"were all med cruises from the Uk all seem to stop" Vigo by sparkieplug24
Vigo Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 212 photos
Vigo we have visited four times I wasnt particularly impressed with this city when we first visited it sorry if this offends anyone. The first time we went we did a tour of the Bayona and of the points of interest around vigo problem was it was a Sunday everywhere was shut and to top it off it was pouring with rain and freezing cold. Next time we arrived we decided just to walk up the hill into town ourself but unfortunately again it was a bank holiday so most places where shut although some where opening later on trouble was the ship was due to leave at the same time that the places where due to open and it was raining and cold again and this time it was the middle of July. This led me to form a not very pleasant opinion of this place and so when I found out that our next cruise October 2006 was to again visited Vigo I booked us on an excursion to Santiago compostela which was brilliant a part from the rain again. Does it rain most of the year here or just when I visit I thought Scotland was bad lol. Anyway visited again in April 2007 and decided as we had did all the ship tours we would again just head into town. Well we set off in glourious sunshine not expecting much but places were open (and I dont just mean the shops) and walked up the hill into town admired the view down into the harbour area visited the old part of town and went along the main shopping street did some shopping and generally had a great time. Then disaster struck again the rain came on came down in torrents was so wet you could ring the water out of my clothes but then you cant plan the weather. However we still had a great time in Vigo and the place has grown on my and I hope to visit again sometime soon especially as you can get cheap vodka here lol
- Pros:lovely statues, lots of shops
- Cons:It rains a lot but hey I live next to Greenock so Im used to rain
- In a nutshell:its a beautiful place you'll forget your in spain
The Bayona is only a short drive from Vigo and is a lovely harbour area. The picture is of the statue of King Alfonso IX... more travel advice
sparkieplug24's Related Pages
Vigo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galicia's largest town"
- "Vigo, Spain"
- "Best seafood and meat in Spain!"
- "WITH VIGO, YOU'LL BE FASCINATED"
- "BERBERECHO's new Vigo page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigo
- Hotels in Vigo
- Transportation in Vigo
- Nightlife in Vigo
- Restaurants in Vigo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vigo
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vigo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigo
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 27 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Greenock Intro, 18 reviews, 2 photos
- Peterhof Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Manchester Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos