"Genoa - capital of Liguria" Genoa by PetraG
Genoa Travel Guide: 747 reviews and 2,017 photos
Genoa is a very beautiful city on the coast of Liguria (northern Italy). It has many different sides, all of them are very impressing and worth to admire...
The City Center of Genoa is full of lovely palaces that once belonged to the aristocratic families of Italy and Austria: the Grimaldis, the Habsburgs,......
Walking through the narrow streets gives you the impression of being a member of a rich family some hundret years ago. I had the feeling that instead of cars there would come horses and carriages along the roads...
The harbour is what Genoa is for. It's the biggest in Italy and a lot of boats and ships come to and go from here every day. But there is a lot more than that.
The harbour has become a very touristic place. It's full of modern architechture (contrary to the city center), souvenir-shos, stores and so on.
You can admire there an old sailing-boat built for the Hollywood-movie PIRATES (for a small fee you can walk all over the ship - it's very funny) or visit the famous Genoa Acquarium (really worth a visit!!).
But it's also great to just sit there on a bench watching all the artists and comedians in the streets.
Aroundthe city center you canalso find a lot of medeval or even roman architechture. It's just standing there between all the normal buildings.
One good example is the birthhouse of CHristopher Columbus (must-sees).
- Pros:many different impressions in just one place
- Cons:not many "touristy" places like beaches or shopping center etc.
- In a nutshell:an adorable city (for me the most beautiful in northern Italy)
A very comfortable (and also affordable) 3-star-category-hotel near the harbour. The rooms are friendly and light and... more travel advice
This is one of the ancient building still in good shape. It looks like a forteress of knights, but is only the entrance... more travel advice
PetraG's Related Pages
Genoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown, my favourite town!"
- "GENOA - THE CITY OF BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES"
- "Genova again"
- "Genua -to visit Chiara,Paolo & eventually Columbus"
- "pollon's new Genoa Page"
- "Ciao Genoa!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Genoa
- Hotels in Genoa
- Transportation in Genoa
- Nightlife in Genoa
- Restaurants in Genoa
- Shopping in Genoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Genoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Genoa
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Genoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Genoa
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 39 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 27 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sankt Pölten Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cooperstown Intro, 9 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rimini Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue