"Loeffingen at the Baar stands more than 1000 years" Löffingen by Loeffle
Löffingen Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 78 photos
Loeffingen's history began when Franc and Allemanic tribes settled the area between the 4th and 7th century. Thereafter Loeffingen became a centre of expansion of settlement into the Black Forest (starting after 1000).
But Loeffingen was also an important trading center (basically grain and agricultural goods) through the middle ages. Wealth of those times can be seen on the fassades of old houses in the city center.
Decline began in the 19th century when railroad tracks reached town too late to keep the market center position.
Today Loeffingen is basically a town to live in, within nice rather untouched nature.
Close to Black Forest (2 km) and the Wutachschlucht (also called Grand Canon of Europe) (5 km).
Some smaller rather rural villages belong to Loeffingen now.
If you look for a quiet cozy and rather cheap place to stay in during your Black Forest holiday (Titisee is just 15 mins away, Freiburg 45 mins, Lake of Constanze 1 hour), Loeffingen is your place to go to.
The city even has an own fun park with some zoo (Schwarzwaldpark, 2 km's nw of the city) and three public swimming pools.
Culture is also important in Loeffingen, and the mayor does a lot to improove exhibitions and things like that.
Climate is also an advantage. Summers are usually warm, but not hot (~ 30?C), winters can be cold, but non stop sun for two weeks is not a rare thing then.
- Pros:Quiet, nice landscape, good and healthy climate, wide range of sleeping places (from bed and breakfast to hotels), Schwarzwaldpark, Wutachschlucht, culture, cheap
- Cons:not in the spotlight of tourism, no "loud" attractions
- In a nutshell:Give it a try, and safe money
Löffingen Station was destroyed in Second World War because the Nazis used it to shop material ... What you can see on... more travel advice
Just take a look and see where Löffingen is located. We live in a borderless region so you won't see the Swiss and... more travel advice
Loeffle's Related Pages
Löffingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Loeffingen at the Baar stands more than 1000 years"
- "Löffingen in the Black Forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Löffingen
- Hotels in Löffingen
- Transportation in Löffingen
- Restaurants in Löffingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Löffingen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Löffingen
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Löffingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Löffingen
Top 10 Pages
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Black Forest Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Löffingen Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tromsø Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Gåsvær Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Strasbourg 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kilpisjärvi Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Sola Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 1 review, 2 photos