"South Cotabato, Mindanao's Breadbasket" Province of South Cotabato by avelmans
Province of South Cotabato Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 96 photos
Lake Sebu is situated on the mountains of Surallah, overlooking Allah Valley. About 2 hours away from Gensan and a mere hour from Koronadal City (SoCot's capital) by car on cemented road, this municipality is province's best tourist destination. Altho frequented mostly by locals, it has been gaining on visits from foreign tourists. To die for are the large array of for-sale native brass trinkets, adornments, costumes of the native T-boli tribe which reside here. Stay at the Punta Isla Resort which offers an hour's boat tour around the lake and serves a variety of mouth-watering Tilapia fish dishes. Noteworthy is the Tilapia kinilaw and the crispy Tilapia fingers.
The Municipality of Polomok in South Cotabato is a mere 15 kilometer away from Gensan. It hosts the biggest pineapple plantation in the world (DOLE) & is also the country's top asparagus & cut-flower producer. Situated at the foot of majestic Mt. Matutum, Polomolok is home to two monasteries. One is the Trappistine's monastery located at the volcano's foot and the Monastery of the Poor Clares Sisters, both must-see sights. Not to be missed are two natural spring water pools along the National Highway and a tour to the farm of a world-class exporter of bottled fruits.
Koronadal City, right smack in the center of Koronadal Valley, has a healthy agri-based economy. No wonder it has about 2 large malls and is considered as the province's Shopping Capital. Must see is the Notre Dame of Marbel University, the Hilltop Restaurant with its fantastic view of the valley, and local public market which sells native T-boli trinkets.
- Pros:Breath-taking nature sights, Very cheap local fruits
- Cons:Non-stop picture taking & eating
- In a nutshell:Valley of the Gods
avelmans' Related Pages
Province of South Cotabato Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Cotabato, Mindanao's Breadbasket"
- Create a Province of South Cotabato Travel Page
- Things to Do in Province of South Cotabato
- Hotels in Province of South Cotabato
- Transportation in Province of South Cotabato
- Nightlife in Province of South Cotabato
- Restaurants in Province of South Cotabato
- Shopping in Province of South Cotabato
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of South Cotabato
- See All...
Explore the World
- Batu Pahat
- Kalaoa Hotels
- Frankfurt am Main
- Johnson Island Hotels
- Yaba Hotels
- Toconao Hotels
- Marianske Lazne
- Southern Thailand
- Hallelujah Junction Hotels
- Sai Kung
- Winema Beach Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Province of South Cotabato
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Province of South Cotabato?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of South Cotabato
- Wrote a Review Dining & Golfing @ Volcano's Foot in Province of South Cotabato Restaurants
- updated a Province of South Cotabato Travel Page "South Cotabato, Mindanao's Breadbasket"
- Uploaded a Photo to "South Cotabato, Mindanao's Breadbasket"
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: A way to get to KL or JB from..."
Photos in Province of South CotabatoSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- General Santos City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Province of South Cotabato Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Davao City Intro, 3 reviews
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 photo
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.