"Gensan, Gateway to Socsksargen" General Santos City by avelmans
General Santos City Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 25 photos
Gensan houses seven of the country's Tuna Canning Factories, three large tin can factories and scores of tuna/marine products processing plants and producers of value added products. No wonder it has been called the Tuna Capital of the Philippines. The city celebrates the yearly Tuna Festival which is timed during its Charter Day Anniversary.
For one week, during the 1st week of September every year, the whole city celebrates the Tuna Festival timed in commemoration of its Charter Day Anniversary. Flea markets, concerts, food festivals, fluvial parades, banca races, tuna-themed contests, eco-challenges, agri fairs, street parties, talent & beauty searches, float parades, etc and a street dancing competition are held during this time.
Gensan is just a few minutes ride from the white sand beaches of Sarangani Province. One of my most favorite is 4ML Beach (about 20minute ride from the city) in Maasim Municipality. Its rustic setting , sparse amenities (nipa-roofed huts, no electricityj) make it ideal for people who want to escape from the city's noise & chaos.
- Pros:Laidback lifestyles, Gateway to Paradise
- Cons:Humid weather
- In a nutshell:GenSan - The Best is Yet to Come!
A newly-built fully-airconditioned (good for Gensan's humid weather) three-level mall and now three-fourths opened, KCC... more travel advice
Jam's is owned by a local businesswoman who is into fish processing and exporting. It's a given that she serves only the... more travel advice
avelmans' Related Pages
General Santos City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gensan, Gateway to Socsksargen"
- "General Santos City - A Pleasant Surprise!"
- "General Santos City"
- "Tuna Capital of the Philippines"
- "the tuna capital"
- "My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in General Santos City
- Hotels in General Santos City
- Transportation in General Santos City
- Restaurants in General Santos City
- Shopping in General Santos City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in General Santos City
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to General Santos City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in General Santos City
Photos in General Santos CitySee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- General Santos City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Province of South Cotabato Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Davao City Intro, 3 reviews
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 photo
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.