"Killeen" Killeen by scott_txguy
Killeen Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 73 photos
This is the sight most often seen in Killeen - which is next to Fort Hood, the largest Army base in the free world. These are M1 abrams on the flatbed. Notice the crazy amount of chains on the tanks to keep them in place. In Germany you only require Four, and trains are the primary source of transportation over there. In the US I guess 63ton vehicles just fall off train cars...
I grew up in Killeen. I'll try to think of the good things to say about the place and not dwell on the not so good things.
- Pros:Able to defend democracy the world over.
- Cons:for a kid, nothing much to do, nowhere much to go, a big potential target.
- In a nutshell:Fast food, Pawn shops, used car lots, strippers, and a big army base.
The reservoir near Killeen is stillhouse lake. It is a huge lake created by damming a river to provide drinking water.... more travel advice
No public trans. Taxis are expensive. Car is the best way to get around. Rent one, or buy a cheap one off a GI who's... more travel advice
scott_txguy's Related Pages
Killeen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Killeen Page.."
- "Killeen/Ft. Hood Texas"
- "IFF's Killeen Homepage"
- "Where I was born"
- "Welcome to Killeen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Killeen
- Hotels in Killeen
- Transportation in Killeen
- Nightlife in Killeen
- Restaurants in Killeen
- Shopping in Killeen
- Warnings and Dangers in Killeen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Killeen
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Killeen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killeen
Top 10 Pages
- Austin Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Killeen Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Avoca Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Wicklow Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- London 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Bath Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Salisbury 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Dublin 1 review, 1 photo
- York 1 review, 1 photo
- Texas Intro, 1 photo
Latest Killeen hotel reviews