"Indio - the town that wealth forgot." Indio by kcbrit
Indio Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 46 photos
I was staying in Indio so I could compete in a triathlon. Thehotel was oaky - Best Western Date Palm - but the town was a depressing affair. It lies along highway 111 and at the end of the chain of desert resort towns that are usually considered to be "Palm Springs". It was sad to see the old Shields Date Farm up for sale, probably to make was for yet another suburban sprawl tract of the ilk that is ruining the Palm Springs area. They say that Indio is the city of festivals and I've heard that the Date Festival is pretty cool. Nevertheless, if you just need a cheaper place to crash use the Best Western (clean and friendly). Otherwise spend your time elsewhere.
kcbrit's Related Pages
Indio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "djennewein's new Indio and Salten Sea Page"
- "Indio - the town that wealth forgot."
- "Nice and close to Joshua Tree"
- "Roadtrip to Coachella Music Festival"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indio
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Indio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indio
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claremont Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Palm Springs Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Santa Fe Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Marrowstone Island Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Covina Intro, 7 reviews
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews
- San Francisco 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.