"Oasis in the Western Desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Siwa by wwroam
Siwa Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 355 photos
A mornings drive South of Marsa Matruh lies the western Oasis of Siwa. Fed by freshwater springs, date palms and olive trees flourish amid some stunning lakeside and desert scenery.Because of its isolation from the rest of Egypt, Siwans have their own culture and language, Siwi.
In Siwa the drapers comes to you..on the back of the donkey cart. Since you hardly ever see a Siwan lady, the shopping... more travel advice
Built in 1203, the mudbrick village of Shali was abandoned in 1926 after heavy rains. Since many of the houses in Siwa... more travel advice
wwroam's Related Pages
Siwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Siwa Oasis and Desert Safari"
- "Siwa Oasis"
- "Oasis in the Western Desert"
- "Dates, My Friend?"
- "SIWA'S OASIS"
- "Desert Safari #2"
- "A visit to the oracle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siwa
- Hotels in Siwa
- Transportation in Siwa
- Nightlife in Siwa
- Restaurants in Siwa
- Shopping in Siwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Siwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siwa
- 12 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Siwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siwa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siwa Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Kandy Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Induruwa Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Polonnaruwa Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cairo 3 reviews, 5 photos