"Feel The Forrest" Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park by wwroam
Lamington National Park Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 156 photos
Lamington National Park lies 2hrs drive to the South East of Brisbane. Within this 20,000ha of rainforest, are stands of Antarctic Beech,Red Cedar and Brushbox. sit quietly and hear the sounds of bellbirds and lyrebirds.
The two main entry points to the park are Binna Burra, and O'Reilly's. Accommodation is restricted to these places within the park.
Binna Burra ( my personal preference) has 3 tiers of accommadation, the lodge, fixed tents, and a general camping area. Ablution facilities are OK. Since the snackbar/office/kiosk burnt down in 2005, meals for the day visitor are not available. Perversely, camp fires are still permitted (but bring your own firewood from home).
O'Reilly's has a guest house, a substantial shop/cafe,and a camping ground ( good amenities but no fires). With a short walking track adjacent to the cafe, an interesting cable suspension bridge, resident rainbow lorikeets and paddy melons ( a small marsupial), O'reilly's caters for the bus tour crowd.
What they do, they do well.
Both sites have interesting, not physically challenging walks from 2-20 km.
The Caves Circuit is a great 5km circuit at Binna Burra that has great views of the Coomera Valley, red cedar trees and... more travel advice
This is an easy little 2km walk that branches off the muuuch longer Ships Stern Circuit. When you reach the lookout ,... more travel advice
wwroam's Related Pages
Lamington National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL LAMINGTON NATIONAL PARK"
- "Lamington National Park"
- "A National Icon"
- "Feel The Forrest"
- "LAMMINGTON NATIONAL PARK"
- "Impressive and commercial"
- "Tamborine Mountain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lamington National Park
- Hotels in Lamington National Park
- Transportation in Lamington National Park
- Restaurants in Lamington National Park
- Shopping in Lamington National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lamington National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lamington National Park
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lamington National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lamington National Park
Photos in Lamington National ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siwa Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Kandy Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Induruwa Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Polonnaruwa Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cairo 3 reviews, 5 photos