"Polonnaruwa" Top 5 Page for this destination Polonnaruwa by wwroam
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 280 photos
Nearly 1000 years old, Polonnaruwa, the capital established by the south Indian Chola Dynasty is much younger thanAnuradhapura. As a result the ruins are in much better condition.
I stayed outside of Polonnaruwa, at Giritale. The roads in This part of Sri Lanka are quite good and Sigirya and Dambulla can be visited from Giritale.
Seven stories high , with the upper levels in timber , this was the royal palace of Parakramabahu. more travel advice
The elephants at Kandulla are still in the wild in a Park Reserve..Visitors are taken in open top 4WD before sunset when... more travel advice
wwroam's Related Pages
Polonnaruwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ancient ruins"
- "Don't miss this capital city."
- "Historic Polonnaruwa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Polonnaruwa
- Hotels in Polonnaruwa
- Transportation in Polonnaruwa
- Nightlife in Polonnaruwa
- Restaurants in Polonnaruwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Polonnaruwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Polonnaruwa
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Polonnaruwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Polonnaruwa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siwa Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Kandy Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Induruwa Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Polonnaruwa Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cairo 3 reviews, 5 photos