"Glasgow: Gateway to Fort Peck and Missouri Breaks" Glasgow by TravelurX
Glasgow Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 3 photos
If you love to fish or hunt, Glasgow has un-ending charms. If you dislike extremes in weather, you might want to look elsewhere. Fort Peck is home to some of the rarest of fish in the US, the huge paddlefish found in the Missouri River. This thing looks like a jack-a-lope, some sort of taxidermist's joke, but it really is a 6 foot long fish with a foot or two of spoon on its bill. The lake is also full of coho and northern pike, with the odd perch and lake trout.
Hunting in the Glasgow area is phenomenal, mule deer, whitetail, elk, antelope, sharptail, pheasant, sagehen, and all of it tastes great!
Pizza and steak. That is all I need in restaurants, and oddly enough, those are the two best restaurants in my hometown. Hmmm, could there be a connection here? Anyway, Sams Supperclub does a steak to perfection, side baked potato and salad, a cold brew and I am golden. For Pizza, Frankie will cook one just for you at Eugenes Pizza, try the Special. It is a thin crust with a selection of items that is just right. And they do it the old way, tossing the dough 15 feet in the air to get it just so!
Hotels are pretty basic, The Cottonwood is the cream of the crop and it is pretty basic, just a new room, clean bathroom, good cafe and a decent bar. It is about $45 a night.
- Pros:Great people, great outdoor pursuits, steak and pizza done right
- Cons:Quiet plains town
- In a nutshell:Glasgow is a great place to be a kid, then it gets a bit problematic
TravelurX's Related Pages
Glasgow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glasgow: Gateway to Fort Peck and Missouri Breaks"
- "Big City Girl Discovers Glasgow, Montana"
- "Visit to Vandalia, near Glasgow MT"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- Castellón de la Plana
- Saint Augustine Beach Hotels
- Nawalapitiya Hotels
- Canary Islands
- Alta Loma Hotels
- Province of Quezon
- Hlavni Mesto Praha
- Pulau Kukup
- Island Beach State Park Hotels
- Newcastle Hotels
- Dar es Salaam
Badges & Stats in Glasgow
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Glasgow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glasgow
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Laos Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Lombok Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Germany Intro, 1 photo
- Malaysia Intro, 1 photo
- Indonesia Intro, 1 photo
- Thailand Intro, 1 photo
- Russia Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.