"Muker" Muker by highlandlaura
Muker Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 30 photos
This treat is well worth the visit after a hiking or driving tour from Richmond through the Dales. I highly suggest trying the soup with your lunch. Soup, sandwich, pot of tea and a desert cake! Then head out for the footpath at the end of town. Starts at the West end of the village behind the shops. You first pass through a gate, then follow the pathway, this walk called "Round Kisdon Hill" in some of the walking guidebooks. If you have a picnic-lunch with you, tea, coffee or beer, stop on the other side of the hill, sit on the grass above the stream for a rest and view. PICTURES COMING SOON.
Shops here include, obviously, Tea Room and Gift Shop. Also accommodations here.
As you approach the village, you cross a lovely stone bridge. The view before you is the row of shops with houses behind, and the hills rising as a backdrop to the village.
highlandlaura's Related Pages
Muker Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Muker
- Transportation in Muker
- Restaurants in Muker
- Shopping in Muker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muker
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Muker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muker
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galway Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shannon Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Antrim Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Florida Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Killorglin Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Seattle Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry/Londonderry Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Destin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos