"ISFAHAN or ESFAHAN, "THE HALF OF WORLD"" Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan by vahiddavoodi
Esfahan Travel Guide: 353 reviews and 1,066 photos
Isfahan or Esfahan contains a wide range of iranian-Islamic Architectural styles ranging from the 11th century (C.E.) to the 19th. This archive contains photographs and descriptions of some of the most interesting and unusual ones.
The royal palace of 'Ali Qapu dominates the south eastern side of the central square in Isfahan, formerly called the Meidan-e-Shah. Its name means "The High Gate" and its impressive entranceway was no doubt intended to symbolize the strength and authority of the Safavid monarchs who ruled the country, and, as the posters on the verandah show, this significance is retained even in present times when the square has been renamed Meidan-e-Imam.
Persian Architecture is made up of eight traditional forms which taken together form the foundation on which it was based in the same way that music was once based on a finite number of notes. These are modulated by the use of colours and textures to leaven the surfaces and are held together in an overall construction akin to that of a sonata in which connexion leads to culmination through a transition space.
To appreciate the skill of the architects and designers fully, it is necessary to have an appreciation of these fundamental concepts which are divided below, for convenience, under separate headings, although in the geometry and architecture of of the buildings they are woven together to present a seamless whole.
you could buy too many gifts and artificates from the badgers in isfahan's bazar. there are many posibility for you and... more travel advice
vahiddavoodi's Related Pages
Esfahan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Everyone says it ....."
- "Esfahan nesf-e jahan"
- "HALF THE WORLD"
- "ISFAHAN or ESFAHAN, "THE HALF OF WORLD""
- "Shah Mosque"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Esfahan
- Hotels in Esfahan
- Transportation in Esfahan
- Nightlife in Esfahan
- Restaurants in Esfahan
- Shopping in Esfahan
- Warnings and Dangers in Esfahan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Esfahan
- 22 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Esfahan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esfahan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 52 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kish Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shahrud Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yazd Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Takht-e-Jamshid Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gorgan Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Ostan-e Kerman Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos