"Gorgan,Jorjan,Astarabad,Darolmomenin are same!" Gorgan by vahiddavoodi
Gorgan Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 23 photos
The township of Gorgan is situated in the southwest of the province and its neighbors are: Semnan province from south, Kord Kooy and Bandar Turkaman from west, Ali Abad and Gonbad Kavoos from east, and from north it is limited to Gonbad Kavoos. The center of province of Golestan. The distance between Gorgan and Tehran is 397 km. and has a temperate climate. *
Gorgan (or Jorjan) was important city in the 4th century AH. specially at the time of Shamsolmaali Qabous Ebne Voshmgir. But from the 4th century lost its importance and was destroyed in the Mongol attack.
Gorgan (Jorjan) before Islam, was one of the important provinces of Iran that almost had independence but in certain periods was a part of greater Khorassan. Due to the Mongol and Teimoorian attacks, Jorjan was destroyed.
This mountain is 37 km. to the south of Gorgan and 6 km. to the southeast of the lower Shahkooh Village and its height... more travel advice
The Gulf of Gorgan is the largest Gulf in the Caspian Sea. It has been created due to the expansion of Mian Kaleh... more travel advice
vahiddavoodi's Related Pages
Gorgan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gorgan,Jorjan,Astarabad,Darolmomenin are same!"
- "Gorgan > Golestan > Iran . Foto"
- "Golestan Province Third Day"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gorgan
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Gorgan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gorgan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 52 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kish Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shahrud Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yazd Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Takht-e-Jamshid Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gorgan Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Ostan-e Kerman Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos