"Hamadan, Iran ( Ecbatana, Persia)" Hamedan by vahiddavoodi
Hamedan Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 35 photos
Hamadan (Hamedan) is situated 400 km south west of Tehran, 190 km east of Kermanshah and 530 km north west of Isfahan at the elevation of 1800 meters.
Today's Hamadan is what is left of Ecbatana, The Medes' capital before they formed a union with the Persians. The poet Ferdowsi says that Ecbatana was build by King Jamshid. The modern Hamadan consists of a large central roundabout with six avenues running into it.
While lacking antique vestiges, Hamadan, has several monuments worthy of interest. They are usually mausoleums. Their exterior was recently renewed by constructions inspired by the spindle - shaped structure of Mongol towers, to the exclusion of all other features of these towers. The best one covers the Tomb of the famous Ibn Sina called Abu Ali by the Persians and Avicenna by the Western world.
Mausoleum Of Abu Ali Sina (Avicenna), father of modern medicine and the famous Persian Scientist.
Mausoleum Of Baba Taher-e Oriyan (The Naked), famous Persian Poet.
Sange Shir (Stone Lion), The Stone Lion of Ecbatana. Ecbatana or Hamedan or Hegmatanah or Ecbatan was The Great Median... more travel advice
vahiddavoodi's Related Pages
Hamedan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamadan, Iran ( Ecbatana, Persia)"
- "The Vibrant Hamadan..."
- "Hamedan, Live City Through History Of Iran"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamedan
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Hamedan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamedan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 52 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kish Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shahrud Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yazd Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Takht-e-Jamshid Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gorgan Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Ostan-e Kerman Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos