"KARAJ , BIG CITY WITH BIG POPULATION" Karaj by vahiddavoodi
Karaj Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 23 photos
Karaj, city in northern Iran, on the Karaj River, at the southern foot of the Elburz Mountains. It is an important transportation and industrial center on the main road and rail routes between Tehran (or Teheran, the country's capital) and populous northwestern Iran and the Caspian Sea. Manufactures include chemicals, fertilizer, and processed agricultural goods.
This township is situated to the west of Tehran. The stony fire-temple of Takht-e-Rostam belong to Parthians and Sassanian eras, as well as the Soleimanieh palace (which is presently the University of Agriculture), the mausolum of Shahzadeh Soleiman, Imamzadeh Rahman and Zeid Palang Abad-e-Eshtehard are remnants of this region.
This lake expands over 4000 hectares and is located in the Varian Gorge at a 23 km distance on Karaj - Chaloos Road. Pleasant and cool weather is experienced here during the summer season. The lake forms an excellent area for sports such as canoeing, fishing, water skiing, swimming and gliding.
These valleys are located near Karaj. After the construction of the Amir Kabir Dam, the only means of accessibility to... more travel advice
This is one of the most saturated rivers of Tehran province which originates from Alborz Mountains and water spot of... more travel advice
vahiddavoodi's Related Pages
Karaj Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Karaj
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Karaj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karaj
- Posted in Travel Iran Forum "Re: visiting northern iran and..."
- Commented on one of mahshid's Karaj travel pages
- Wrote a Review Kordan, Varian and Orangeh Valleys in Karaj Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kordan, Varian and Orangeh Valleys"
- updated a Karaj Travel Page "KARAJ , BIG CITY WITH BIG POPULATION"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 52 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kish Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shahrud Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yazd Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Takht-e-Jamshid Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gorgan Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Ostan-e Kerman Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos