"Kermanshah, land of the honor people" Kermanshah by vahiddavoodi
Kermanshah Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
The city of Kermanshah is located in the center of the province and has a temperate climate. Kermanshah is one of the ancient cities of Iran and it is said that, Tahmores Divband, a mythical ruler of the Pishdadian had constructed it. Some attribute its constructions to Bahram Sassanid. During the reign of Qobad I and Anushirvan Sassanid, Kermanshah was at the peak of its glory. But in the Arab attack suffered great damage. Concurrent with the Afghan attack and the fall of Esfahan, Kermanshah was destroyed due to the Ottoman invasion. But from the beginning of the 11th century AH. it began to flourish.
In order to prevent a probable aggression of the Zangeneh tribe and due to its proximity with Ottoman Empire, the Safavid ruler paid great attention to this city. But in the Zandieh period upheavals increased, whereas during the Qajar era, Ottoman attacks reduced. Mohammad Ali Mirza in 1221 AH. was seated in kermanshah in order to prevent Ottoman aggression, and Khuzestan also came under his realm. An epigraph of Mohammad Ali Mirza in Taq-e-Bostan has been remained as a relic.
In 1267 AH. Imam Qoli Mirza was appointed by Naseredin Shah to protect the Kermanshah frontier. The former during his rule of 25 years constructed some buildings which have remained to be seen. In the Constitutional Movement this city played an important role and in World War I and II and was taken possession by foreign powers and after the war ended, the city was evacuated. As a result of the imposed Iraq war, this city sustained great losses and after the war vast efforts were taken to rehabilitate it. Kermanshah is the capital of the Kermanshah province and is located at a distance of 526 km. from Tehran.
Kermanshah has a great number of Kurds located there. Kermanshahi Kurds with their colorful clothings.
vahiddavoodi's Related Pages
Kermanshah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kermanshah, land of the honor people"
- "At The Terminal In Kermanshah..."
- "my dearest motherland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kermanshah
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kermanshah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kermanshah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 52 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kish Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shahrud Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yazd Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Takht-e-Jamshid Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gorgan Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Ostan-e Kerman Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos