"Cusco - I loved this place" Cusco by david90

Cusco Travel Guide: 1,065 reviews and 2,293 photos

The Inca capital

I spent the bulk of my trip to Peru based in Cusco, and I loved the place. After a scary day in Lima (Does anyone like Lima?), Cusco was fabulous. Surrounded by stunning Andes mountains, Inca ruins and Spanish colonial buildings, it really is a treat for the senses.

Learning Spanish

One of the reasons I went to Cusco was to learn Spanish. Pre-Cusco I could speak no Spanish, except for "dos cerveza por favor"! (never learnt at school - just a bit of French). So I did the whole stay with a family and learn spanish thing - a first for me. It was fantastic, the family I stayed with were really friendly, and the school - the Academia LatinoAmericana de Espanol - was excellent. Small classes, great staff and students. I never though learning a language would be so much fun. I definitely recommend the school. I arranged the whole thing through Cactus from the UK. Not the cheapest way to do it, but probably the easiest.

For more details try either:

/www.spanishschoolguide.com/dir/Detailed/525.html

or

www.cactuslanguage.com

The Inca trail ... Machu Picchu

If you are looking for a challenge the Inca trail is a truely wonderful experience. It was the first time I had tried something on this scale.

• Pros:Stunning, friendly, nightlife
  • Cons:usual caution rules appy
  • In a nutshell:An amazing place, you'll love it
  • Last visit to Cusco: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated May 7, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2003 at 10:41 AM

come on david ! we want to know more of this intresting trip.

david90