"Morocco" Morocco by Vintom

Morocco Travel Guide: 10,264 reviews and 28,889 photos

Morocco a few little pointers

Hi Just a few pointers from my recent Trip to Morocco. Won't try to bore you to death, but will try to outline some things I thought were good and bad.

Beggars & Hawkers

You will always find Beggars & Hawkers wherever you go in this world, Morocco is no exception.
To give or not to give can be a tough decision, and not one I can make for you.
All I would say is that I believe most of the people I saw begging in Morocco looked as though they were genuine and I did give some money now and then, but tried not to do it too often.

Respecting Religion

Anybody travelling to Morocco should be aware that this is a muslim country, with muslim values and traditions.
In the More tourist resorts on the coast things are a little more relaxed, but inland in the places that do not see many visitors it would be wise to be respectful of the culture and beliefs of these people. Over 98% of the population are Muslim, the majority of them being quite devout. As with any country you visit you should always show the upmost respect for the local people and their way of life. Foe example it would not be prudent for a woman to walk around showing to much bare flesh, niether is it appreciated when men wear shorts. Never attempt to look around a mosque in other than conservative dress.

• Pros:A place that grows on you if you give it time.
  • Cons:If you can't deal with hustlers & hawkers it's not for you!
  • In a nutshell:Worth the Trip and a really nice place to chill out!
  • Last visit to Morocco: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2003

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2008 at 12:06 AM

youve got some lovely photos here-&capture well the Morocco I know-u might enjoy my pages as well!?theres no social welfare system in Maroc to assist the many poor so there is a place for giving to beggars-a place in Islam as well.All the best.

• Jun 14, 2007 at 1:55 PM

also stayed there last may excellent food and rooms very reasonable would stay there again from uk

• Mar 5, 2006 at 2:35 PM

iam off to morocco in august for 2 weeks thanks for the info place it in my diy file.smc

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 12:55 AM

A different, but a great view on Morocco. GRTZ

• AnitaJRT's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Lovely photo, you have a wonderful "eye" -- great page! Thanks for sharing!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2005 at 8:30 AM

Absolutely great page !!! Thanxx

• polardabar's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 12:37 PM

what, egypt, india, morocco, barca, london... did you choose from my wishlist?! ;) great pages, man, can't wait to see it all for myself... will be back! cheers, polar*

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 11:02 PM

Great page, Vince.Morocco is very charming.I'd like a pair of those slippers.:)))

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 4:20 AM

Gr8 tips Vince, both very ihteresting & also very helpful. I like the sensitivity you show to the locals & their culture & also the children.

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 1:10 PM

Thanks Vince for the great pics and infos on this place I always dreamed about. Now, you have me dreaming about it even more.

Vintom

“"Somewhere on a distant highway"”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

Have you been to Morocco?

Latest Activity in Morocco