"Beautiful north" Galicia by Christina1881

Galicia Travel Guide: 1,379 reviews and 4,302 photos

THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO WORK MORE ON IT SOON AS POSSIBLE

Five years ago I visited Cantabria in the north of Spain and fell inlove with the beautiful landscapes to find in this part of the world. Since my first visit to the north of Spain I have always wanted to go back, and in October 2007 I finally had the posibility to go back and visit the north of Spain, this time it wasn't Cantabria but Galicia, which I was to discover is just as beautiful and just as amazing as the part of the north that I had already visited five years ago.
We - my boyfriend and I - stayed at the Hotel Los Abetos in Santiago de Compostela, and from there we went around visiting several places in Galicia, such as Finisterre, Estrada, Vigo, ... etc.

The north of Spain is so much more green and fertile than the south that I know so well, and it is amazing to see that within the same country there can be such big differences, not only in the nature, but also with the people living in the different parts of the country.
The accent in Galicia is fantastic, the people really nice and helpfull although more "closed" than in the south, and the food - I wont even start telling about "los percebes, el pulpo y las ostras", the food is very rich and a culinary trip to Galicia is worth the while.

• In a nutshell:Beautiful, calm, fertile nature
  • Last visit to Galicia: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2007

Comments

Christina1881

“All glory comes from daring to begin”

Badges & Stats in Galicia

Have you been to Galicia?

Latest Activity in Galicia