"Catalonia so kwnon and so unknown" Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya by Peret

Catalunya Travel Guide: 12,459 reviews and 30,131 photos

Here I bring you my vision of Catalonia. I'm sorry for my english, but I hope I will write good enough for you will can anderstand me.
Catalonia is my country. It is placed in the north of Spain. Unfortunatedly, is a great unknown country, cause his administrative situation, into Spain. Catalonia has his own culture, that have not to do wiht toros, flamenco and sangria, and less with mexicans hats.
I will show you a few views from Catalonia. In Virtualtourist page, there's another people who have made great pages about, for to get a general view.

A little contry

A extract of a known song here about our country:

PAIS PETIT

El meu pais es tan petit
que quan el sol se'n va a dormir
mai no esta prou segur d'haver-lo vist.
Diuen les velles savies
que es per aixo que torna.

El meu pais es tan petit
que sempre cap dintre del cor
si es que la vida et porta lluny d'aqui
i ens fem contrabandistes,
mentre no descobreixin
detectors pels secrets del cor.
I es aixi, es aixi com m'agrada a mi

LITTLE COUNTRY

My country is so little
that when the sun goes to sleep
he's never enough sure if he has seen it.
The wise old women says
that this is the reason becouse he always come back.

My country is so little
that he always has a place into my heart
when the life bring me far of here.
And then we become smuggler,
if nobody discover detectors
for the secrets of the heart
And is like this as i like it.

Catalan language

A map where you can see where our language is spoken, and his dialects, who are very strong. Catalan is a indoeuropean, romance language. Is close to french, spanish, italian or portuguesish. Now in Catalonia the Generalitat take care of him and is the first language used for catalans and for institutions. In majorca is less used in all this aspects, and still less in valencia. In France his consideration is very poor, and is rapidly declining. In Andorra, is the only official language. In l'Alguer, you can still hier it, and there's people that take care for it.

• Intro Updated Jun 8, 2006

• Nov 9, 2008 at 6:03 AM

Hi Peret, The correct translation of Picasso's quote is, " Everything I know, I learned in Horta". Great photos, thanks for sharing!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 9:18 AM

¡Hola Pere! Una pagina muy interesante de Catalunya. Espero vijar allí algún día y ver más de tu país muy bonito. ¡Feliz cumple desde Finlandia!

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2005 at 10:37 PM

Very nice page - the village of Ascó looks very picturesque.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2004 at 10:54 AM

Great page, i had never been there, but i would love to go to visit. Paella is great mummmm Greetings Nat

• Pangea's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 4:13 AM

A little country, and a "big" country at the same time! :P... Per quan una pàgina de ses illes?... Salutacions a la terra ferma

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 1:31 PM

been there twice. i'll be back to taste "calçot"...

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 7:03 AM

You live in a pretty place. Thanks for the pictures and information.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 2:19 PM

Really nice page, I enjoyed my visit

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2003 at 3:31 PM

Bellísimo país, Pere; tus comentarios son de lo más interesantes. Gràcies.

• Sep 25, 2003 at 12:44 PM

Fantastic to see more of Catalunya!! Great page and pictures. Didn't now you play the billar!! next time maybe? :-)

Peret

“It's a wonderful world”

Badges & Stats in Catalunya

Have you been to Catalunya?

Latest Activity in Catalunya