"Corris is a great place to visit" Corris by eric_ives
Corris Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
We planned on staying in a youth hostel near Snowdonia, but all the youth hostels were full when we tried to make reservations in May, so we decided to come to Corris. It turns out the area around Corris is just as interesting and fun to visit as the areas in northern Wales, but it was much less crowded.
We stayed at the Corris Youth Hostel, and found there was a lovely walk to take up a narrow road along the hill. We saw lovely gardens, an old slate mine, horses, sheep, tree plantations, some slate carvings, and good views up and down the valley.
The people we met along our walk were friendly and spoke kindly to us. Corris is close to Machynlleth where we bought groceries. Machynlleth is the main tourist hub of this area of Wales, with several attractions. We visited the Center for Alternative Technology, just south of Corris, and also had a peek at the shops at Arthur's Labyrynth (in Corris).
- Pros:Friendly people. Quiet. Inexpensive. Good location. Scenery.
- Cons:Forrests are all tree plantations. Must go to Machynlleth for Groceries.
- In a nutshell:A good place to stay for a day or two.
eric_ives' Related Pages
Corris Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Corris
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Corris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corris
Photos in CorrisSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Norwich Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arches National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Chiayi Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Wales Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Irkutskaya Oblast' Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Corris Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Ensenada 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Lodwar Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Kiev Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.