"CelticFire's Home Page" CelticFire's Profile

My Back Pages

The Celtic part of the name comes from my Scots / Irish background (and Glasgow Celtic Football Club),
and the Fire relates to my work as a Firefighter in Scotland, ergo the combination.

I live in Glasgow , also known as "The Dear Green Place", a very underrated city. Many visitors to Scotland visit Edinburgh and the Highlands missing Glasgow, and in doing so miss one of the highlights of Scotland.

Glasgow is a great base for touring, Edinburgh is 45 minutes away, some Glaswegians (and 'Burghers say not far enough).

The beauty of Loch Lomond is only 30 minutes away.,and the gateway to the Highlands of Scotland.

In Glasgow make sure you visit the People's Palace museum at the Glasgow Green. The night- life in Glasgow is renowned making it the most popular student destination in the United Kingdom.

There are numerous Bars, night-clubs, cinemas, theatres and the Theatre Royal which houses opera and ballet.
Shopping in Glasgow is second only to London in the UK for Designer shops.

Scotland is a Hill-walkers and climbers paradise with hills and mountains for all levels of experience.

I have travelled throughout Europe, tours of East and West Coast U.S, the Caribbean, North Africa, Hong Kong and Thailand.

Favourite destinations and holidays have been Cuba, Barbados and Carnival in Trinidad.

Many people like to photograph Sunsets, I prefer sunrise. I am definately one of life's optimists, I love the world coming to life in the morning and I love spring when nature comes alive after winter.

I'll never find the time to put enough photographs of my travels (don't know how others do it), so I'll stick to a select few. More than willing to answer any questions about destinations though.

• Intro Updated Oct 25, 2008

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Sienlu's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Happy birthday Jim

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Happy Birthday Jim! Best wishes on your special day.

• sharonn's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Love the camel photo.

• CelticFire's Profile Photo
      Aug 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Cheers. Forgot all about that. not been on VT for years. (till tonight)

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Hey Jim, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM

HI - HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I too love sunRISES best and you can see one of our nice ones on my Los Barriles, Mexico page. One more spectacular was on 1st Jan 2000, but I didn't hv a digital camera then.

• Apr 5, 2008 at 6:11 AM

Don't know if it the best advert for Glesga, but I found it very funny anyway!! especially the ned type break down! ;)

• Lyndra's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Greetings Jim, from one leprachaun to another :o)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 2:45 PM

it's rainy australia today too - which is a good thing

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2007 at 8:03 AM

Read your post about the haggis - very funny. Have a look at my Scotland page for a joke from the forum last year.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
CelticFire's Profile Photo

CelticFire

“Travel light - preconception and prejudice are unnecessary luggage”

Real Name