Kandy Hotel Tips by matseb
Kandy Hotels: 28,173 reviews and 96 photos
This place is really unique. You can't call it a hotel though. In the Western world, it would get no rating stars.
The building is made out of wood and seems to be at least 70 years old. The rooms are all located in the first floor. The hotel is only good for sleeping and washing (few showers on the hall way). I found it very nice to sit at the balcony in the first floor looking to the temple (see pic at my Kandy intro) though.
By the way part I: On checking out procedures they wanted me to pay a 10 % service charge. That was not part of the deal on checking in procedures and most important they haven't done any service for me at all that four days (bed sheets, cleaning)! I insisted no to pay this and so it had been waived.
By the way part II: in case of fire one is really F*C**D (no outside stairs, no extingushers)
Unique Qualities: * no private bathrooms
* no air con, just a fan (you can't stay there at daytime because it's too hot)
* no protection of insects (multiple ripped moskito net, spaces between the wall)
* bad insulation (yes it get's gold in the night)
* insect visits
* bad to no service (bed sheets used by the pre-pre-pre guest, spider webs everywhere)
* low key restaurant
* bad business performance
Address: left of the temple
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: city center
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (2)
matseb's Related Pages
Kandy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kandy - Last of the Sinhalese Kingdom"
- "THE CITY OF KANDY."
- "hell is a piece of earth"
- "Green hills and orange skies"
- "Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country"
- "Capital of Hill Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kandy
- Hotels in Kandy
- Transportation in Kandy
- Nightlife in Kandy
- Restaurants in Kandy
- Shopping in Kandy
- Warnings and Dangers in Kandy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kandy
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kandy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kandy
Photos in KandySee All Photos (1)
Read real reviews about Kandy Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Dachau Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Sakon Nakhon Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Rome 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Nakhon Phanom Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Amphoe Ban Dung Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Thailand Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Munich Intro, 5 reviews
- Jerusalem 1 review, 4 photos