"A Little Bit of Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Gulf Shores by am&pm

Gulf Shores Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 213 photos

And The Sun Rises!

What a wonderful way to start the day, with the breathtaking sunrise, the cool salt air in the morning and the crashing of the surf. I never tire of this and know I will be back for more. Try to get a hotel or condo (you can rent them) facing the beach because the sunsets and sunrises you will see are so gorgeous. Most buildings have balconies you can sit out on and you can kick back, smell the salty air, feel the warm breezes and hear the gentle rolling of the waves. Great!!!

A Walk on The Beach

We tried to walk before breakfast and again before sunset. There is nothing more romantic that a moonlit walk on the beach with the one you love. The sand is soft and white like sugar and very comfortable under the feet.

Let The Rain Begin!

The rain was moving in the day we left, mimicing our saddened mood that vacation was over. We all wanted to stay the rest of the week, but.... Maybe can stay longer next time :-)).

• Pros:Great beaches, food, water, and so much fun!
  • Cons:Hurricane season can wreak havoc...be careful when you book!
  • In a nutshell:I highly suggest you see for yourself.
  • Last visit to Gulf Shores: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2006

• Oct 5, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Ah, The Spot in Gulf Shores, AL.. My very favorite restaurant in the entire US. I first at there in 1988 and so sad on 9/17/2004 The Spot was severely damaged by Hurricane Ivan and never reopened.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Back again w/ more ratings ... beautiful beaches. It's a shame it has to come with hurricane warnings. Hope the area recovers soon.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2006 at 11:09 AM

I think The Spot was washed away by Katrina - at least I couldn't find it

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 6:16 PM

Nice Golf Shores page & beautiful pics. I hope you and yours were not harmed by Katrina. I also enjoyed your comments in the forum about Fond childhood memories : )

• zaffaran's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 1:47 AM

I wish I had all my mornings as beautiful as this in your picture! Unfortunately I must admit I'm to lazy to get up so early! Thank you very much fo a nice comment! :-))

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 8:41 AM

It is amazing to see all the different beaches we have here in the US. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Kat

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2004 at 8:10 AM

I was just in south Alabama last week - not quite as far down as Gulf Shores - and saw a lot of hurricane damage. Hope Gulf Shores wasn't hurt too badly. Lovely place.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2004 at 1:36 PM

Hi to you both, who can resist a holiday in a place with such beautiful sunsetts as those.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2004 at 11:05 AM

Nice place to spend a vacation! Great page!

• coolpanda87's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 3:44 PM

The sunset photo is really beautiful... Your photography skills are amazing = )

am&pm

“Jesus is the author and finisher of my faith.”

Badges & Stats in Gulf Shores

Have you been to Gulf Shores?

Latest Activity in Gulf Shores