"Seabreezeusa and ABL1958's page" am&pm's Profile
Jumping off rocks on our most recent vacation
Welcome to the new page of oldtimer VT members "ABL1958" and "Seabreezeusa". We met here on VT July 2000, married in November 2001 and decided enough of the separateness--we'll build our pages together and here we are!
We'll still maintain our previous pages under our other VT member names and you're more than welcome to visit them too, but this is where you'll see us for the most part. Write to us here as we might miss your e-mails elsewhere. To explain the rotating birthday dates---Paul's is January 18th and then we switch to mine--July 14th--as mine gets closer. Confused?
We hope you enjoy VT as much as we do because it broadens your world and gives you a whole new range of geographic and cultural experiences and education. You will meet many wonderful people here (we did!) and your life will never quite be the same again. Happy travels everyone!! Don't forget to visit the deep South and the Northeast--we have come to love both places very much.
MOST RECENT VT MEETING ATTENDED: We met VT member Rixie and her husband at Chili's on Monday 5/16/05. Rixie lives in wine country, California and she and her husband were in New Orleans for their daughter's graduation. They took time in their short time down here to meet us in Baton Rouge. What a great couple they are and how generous and warm! We really enjoyed our time with them, short as it was. Thanks, Laverne and Kelly! Addendum of 5/5/06: Laverne has graciously and selflessly given of her time and energy and come to the New Orleans area at least twice since Hurricane Katrina to help with the unending cleanup down here---even quite recently. We thank her and so many others who continue to care and help!
We have also been able to visit with Tom and Gonnie (Tompt) twice in the past few years and what a pleasure that was! They are truly fun-loving, giving people and our lives were made richer knowing them. Thank you, too, Tom and Gonnie!
Another wonderful VT friend we have made (maybe the first here--we can no longer remember!) was "Loubess" or Alza who is pictured here second from right, next to "LeDragon" on the far right. Lou--we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your gifts to us during our Montreal honeymoon and the wonderful way you made sure we were looked after and having fun! We will never forget it.
This was a really fun meeting we had I think in 2002. Unfortunately Paul was not able to be there--he was in Baton Rouge at the time. In the picture are VT members LeDragon (far left), then Tompt (Tom), Lucille and daughter, me (Angie) and then Gonnie (Mrs. Tompt :-)) What a gorgeous day it was and what a beautiful view from the top of this mountain after the hike. You can see more on Tompt's Masaschusett's page.
"The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone here and there who thinks and feels with us, and though distant, is close to us in spirit - this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden." --(Johann von Goethe)
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. "
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 38 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- am&pm and filipdebont are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Traditional, or unique?"
updated their Profile Page "Seabreezeusa and ABL1958's page"
- Wrote a Review Serene nights in Prairieville Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Serene nights"
- Commented on alza's profile page
- updated a Arkansas Travel Page "Beautiful mountain country!"
Top 5 Pages
- Massachusetts Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gulf Shores Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Arkansas Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Lake Claiborne State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos