"Southern Thailand" Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai by chiabh
Hat Yai Travel Guide: 379 reviews and 717 photos
Hatyai is the center of business and communication for the South. It is only 30 kilometers away from Songkla town and only 60 kilometers away from Thai-Malaysian border. Hatyai acts as the gateway to Malaysia and Singapore.
Hatyai is a heaven for shopping... imported electrical appliances, clothing, luggage, fruits from temperate climates to Thai seasonal fruits. Local products... cashew nuts, dried shrimp, fish and shrimp crackers, preserved durian or souveniers of Thailand... all these things can be found in the shops of Hatyai.
The city has the reputation as the entertainment and nightlife capital of the South. Hatyai nightlife features colorful and lively entertainment in a vast array of extablishments such as discotheques, nightclubs, restaurants, coffee shops, cocktail lounges, massage parlors, as well as movie houses. All these nightspots are frequented by foreign visitors as well as local Thai residents.
The temple is known for its park-like setting and numerous different Buddha images. You may also have your fortune told... more travel advice
Tuk-tuks is a cheap public transport for short distance around the city... It can be flagged off the road... but most... more travel advice
chiabh's Related Pages
Hat Yai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hat Yai"
- "Southern Thailand"
- "Sawadeeka Hat Yai"
- " Hat Yai - Gateway to Southern Thailand "
- "Hat Yai....."
- "Can't avoid the place !"
- "Jennifer's Hat Yai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hat Yai
- Hotels in Hat Yai
- Transportation in Hat Yai
- Nightlife in Hat Yai
- Restaurants in Hat Yai
- Shopping in Hat Yai
- Warnings and Dangers in Hat Yai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hat Yai
- 32 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Hat Yai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hat Yai
Photos in Hat YaiSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos