"Nong Khai by The Mekong River" Top 5 Page for this destination Nong Khai by chiabh
Nong Khai Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 305 photos
Nong Khai was voted the "seventh best places to live abroad" by the magazine "Modern Maturity"... and after visiting this town, the reasons are clear... The town is slow moving with friendly people... and most of all, the soothing and slow flowing Mekong River... which also depicts the quality of life here...
Nong Khai is about 51km from Udon Thani and 615km from Bangkok... It is an attractive tourist designation, both in its scenery and cultural sights... It is situated along the Mekong River marking the international border boundary with Laos PDR...This makes Nong Khai a major gateway to the Lao capital of Vientiane, a mere 24km away beyond the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge that spans the river...
A small leafy town of considerable charm, Nong Khai draws much of its fascination from its riverine location and its role as a frontier post... However, interest is not limited to a simple matter of geography, there are several venerable temples and other sights, along with a tranquil, almost rural atmosphere, which makes Nong Khai a satisfying destination in its own right as well as being a hopping off point for visits to Laos...
You can go to Nong Khai from Bangkok by road, rail and air... The fastest way to Nong Khai is to fly... The nearest airport is in Udon Thani... Thai Airways, Nokair and Thai Airasia fly this route with flying time of 70 minutes... From the airport, the airport coach will take you to Nong Khai in 45 minutes...
Daily buses depart from Bangkok's Mochit II Bus Terminal with the journey taking about 9 hours... Of course, you can also drive from Bangkok, taking Highway 1 to Saraburi...then onto Highway 2 to Nong Khai via Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen and Udon Thani...
There is also a direct rail link from Bangkok to Nong Khai, taking about 11 hours....
Victory Park Golf & Country Club
- Pros:A quiet, clean and peaceful town...
- Cons:None that I can think of
- In a nutshell:the seventh best places to live abroad
The Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge is the first bridge across the Mekong River linking Nong Khai and Tha Na Laeng in Laos...... more travel advice
Known as the Indochina Market, this unique market was created some six years ago and it sells a variety of imported... more travel advice
chiabh's Related Pages
Nong Khai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nong Kai...A Peaceful Little Town"
- "Nong Khai by The Mekong River"
- "Nong Khai"
- "Rice Farming was never on my itinerary!"
- "Border town to cross into Laos"
- "A Day in Nong Khai..."
- "Big Town which connects to vientiane (Laos)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nong Khai
- Hotels in Nong Khai
- Transportation in Nong Khai
- Nightlife in Nong Khai
- Restaurants in Nong Khai
- Shopping in Nong Khai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nong Khai
- 10 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Nong Khai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nong Khai
- Commented on one of zin's Nong Khai tips
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: VT Meeting in Kuala Lumpur"
- Wrote a Review Victory Park Golf & Country Club in Nong Khai Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Nong Khai Travel Page "Nong Khai by The Mekong River"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge"
Photos in Nong KhaiSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 117 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Johor Bahru Intro, 30 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surabaya Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos
- Melaka Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bentong Town Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 32 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kukup Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Gua Musang Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos